Learn DevOps: CI/CD with Jenkins using Pipelines and Docker
- Use Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration within your Software Development Lifecycle
- Install Jenkins using docker
- Configure Jenkins “The DevOps way”, using Docker, Jobs DSL and Jenkins Pipelines
- Use plugins to integrate Jenkins with popular development software
- Configure the authentication and authorization options to tighten security on your Jenkins UI
This course is a bit different than other Jenkins courses around
- It has all to do with DevOps
- This course has a big focus on automation, ownership and reusability
- The developers are given the capability to automate their own jenkins build scripts by using Jenkins Pipelines
- Using docker, a closer dev-prod parity should allow you to build software the same way locally, as on the build servers
The Jenkins installation explained. Jenkins can be installed using docker on a DigitalOcean Droplet.
I will be using a NodeJS example application for our first job in Jenkins. This lecture explains why I'm using NodeJS.
- You should have an understanding about software development in general
- You'll need to be able to install Jenkins on a PC or Cloud instance. A coupon code for $10 free credit on DigitalOcean is provided
Jenkins is the most popular tool to do Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of your software:
- It’s free and open source
- It has a strong community with thousands of plugins you can use
- Jenkins is used in a lot of companies, from startups to enterprises
This course will teach you how to use Jenkins using the Jenkins DSL and Jenkins Pipelines (Jenkinsfile). It's a new way of using Jenkins, rather than using freestyle projects. I call it using Jenkins, the DevOps way! I'll explain you about infrastructure as code and automation to make sure you understand how Jenkins Pipelines fits within this new way of thinking.
I'll show you how to integrate Jenkins Pipelines with popular software tools, like:
- GitHub / Bitbucket
- JFrog Artifactory
- Onelogin (Using SAML)
If you’re looking for a job in the DevOps space, Jenkins is a must have skill.
A coupon to get $10 free credits on DigitalOcean is provided within this course. You can use this coupon to install Jenkins on a DigitalOcean droplet.
- Anyone who is exposed to software delivery: Developers, System Administrators, DBAs, Managers